Quality Reads

Thursday, July 12, 2007

There's an Advanced DataGrid!?!

I guess in all the excitement surrounding Adobe AIR, I missed out on a huge feature available in Flex 3, the Advanced DataGrid.


If you're working w/ alot of data in your Flex/AIR applications like I am, you need to check this component out. It may just save your life/sanity.

Here are some of the main features:
  • Multi-column sorting
  • Tree View (basically a tree component mashed into a DataGrid)
  • Cell Formatting
  • Summary Collections (allows you to perform a calcuation on the DataGrid columns and output a result)
  • Column Grouping
Seriously, half the work I'm doing right now could be handled with this component. Check out some of the details here or the Flex 3 docs here. This is the type of great stuff I expect from the Flex team. Now if we could only get the CS3-to-Flex skinning integration to work properly everything would be brilliant.

Cheers,
Todd

No comments: